Gallery Operations Internship
Under the guidance of the dA’s Executive Director, President, and Marketing Coordinator, the Gallery Operations Intern will assist in day-to-day operations of the gallery and the development of monthly exhibitions and events. The Gallery Operations Intern will work on numerous departmental projects varying in scope and timeline, which includes administrative, archival, curatorial, and hospitality responsibilities.
The Gallery Operations Intern will assist gallery staff with:
- Developing and executing exhibitions and special events, including installing, maintaining and dismantling exhibitions
- Compiling and maintaining exhibition, photography, and special event archives
- Gallery reception and monitoring, serving as docents for exhibitions, and basic customer service duties
- General maintenance and reorganization of gallery facilities
- General administrative and clerical support
- Professional demeanor
- Comfortable on both PC and Mac
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to problem-solve independently and collaborate with others
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of ages, and currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Enrollment in art, art history, and/or related classes is preferred.
- Candidates must be available at least two days each week totaling a minimum of 8 during the 12-week period. Weekend and night hours may be required.
- This is a non-paid internship. The dA can work with the university to provide course credit.
Email a cover letter and your resume to Sarah.dAArtCenter@gmail.com by Friday, May 25th, 2012. Applicants must be available for an interview between May 30th and June 2nd, 2012. Finalists will be asked to provide references.